WIP Son of the Western Sea by Mac Calleach - T - Percy Jackson

Discussion in 'Books' started by Probellum, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Airilife

Airilife Top 1 Percent Prestige

High Score:
    Meh. Tbh the creep factor of Tsukiyomi ruined any enjoyment I could have gotten out of this. It seems less of a hero Percy roaming the world and exploring various myths and more of a pantheon family drama hurr durr fic. It annoys me, because Mac is a decent author.

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The story is great, though the fact that Persy is actively bi massively detracts from my enjoyment.

However, the author must have known that his choice would have this reception from many. Since apparently he's cool with it, then ... *shrug*.

Edit: Whatever.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  3. Airilife

Airilife Top 1 Percent Prestige

High Score:
    She*

/filler

4. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves High Inquisitor

I hadn't noticed this one until now, but it's great to find some good Percy Jackson fanfiction, since they're rarer than gold dust. I actually think she could've put much less effort in and still stood out from the crowd, even though it's facinating reading about all the old religions and myths; she really did the research.

I don't mind that Percy's bi, since old religions (particularly the Greeks) always we're a bit free with their sexuality anyway. It makes sense.

5. mangaguy

mangaguy Fourth Year

Well, so far it's both. We still have the Chinese bureaucracy and Indian pantheon to explore. There seems to have been 2~ years of adventuring before Percy settled down in his relationship. I'm sure we'll see more of that and I think the drama of the present day (potential ww3) can be a cool storyline.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Stunningly, amazingly, surprisingly this updated. Like, holy fuck. So goddamn happy. And it''s just as great as it had been, Really hoping for more now that Mac is back.

7. gamarad

gamarad Second Year

Holy shit! Came here as soon as I saw.

8. Lindsey

Lindsey Death Eater

I just read this fic for the first time and It's pretty damn amazing. That being said, I'm pretty sure I know what Percy is going to end up, and I can't freaking wait.

It looks like Percy was born as a mortal god, not as a demi-god. It looks like he will become the God of Wandering/Travel. More-so, as he's ships name is the freaking Firefly, I fully expect him to go into space. I bet he will end up as the god people pray to when traveling the stars

9. Agayek

Agayek Alchemist

He was born a demigod, he's just become the god of sailing and/or traveling during his journey.

That's what the final line of the new update meant. Go search for hercules' talking about Dionysus in chapter three for the parallel.

I don't disagree with your last bit there though.

10. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Death Eater

Yeah no, Herc explicitly says that
    that Dionysus wasn't a demigod granted immortality, he's a god who happened to be born mortal. Which, I'll be honest- I'm not sure what the significance of that distinction is other than the fact that I suspect Percy won't be a minor diety.

I'm excited this finally updated though. Hoepfully we don't have to wait another four years for chapter five.

11. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

Read the whole thing again and the quality is still as good as ever.
    Think this whole becoming a god of travelling space/wanderlust was hinted at when he went to the space museum on the Isle of Mann.