1. Another story competition is beginning! (Q1 2018)

"You're bleeding on my floor."

We've moved to a quarterly format, so you really have no excuse not to participate this time.

So check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum and get cracking.

Dismiss Notice

Songs of the moment

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Taure, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Upside Down has basically been on repeat for the last two days, and trying not to look at the screen as I've not seen series 2 yet. But yeah, he's come a long way since the Commander Shepard song, which is still great but in a very different way.

2. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've always loved this piece, but I recently saw it live and it has taken it to the next level. It builds to such a beautiful climax.

Samuel Barber - Agnus Dei

3. why?

why? Fourth Year

High Score:
    Exact same, except Summer 2015 for me. And I don't even usually like that type of music.

This song, and Rude by MAGIC!, instantly takes me back.

Old love, old friends and an obscene amount of alcohol.

(in retrospect, the story I had here isn't very interesting - just an anecdote involving copious amounts of vodka and beer)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. CaptainFlowers

CaptainFlowers Third Year DLP Supporter

Handlebars by Flobots!

A sort of rock meets MEANINGFUL rap, with touches of trumpet jazz. It creates a smooth and intoxicating mix, I think.

Whenever I think of revolution, rebellion, or a people vs the establishment, this is the vibe I feel. On the surface, it doesn't mean much, but deep down the lyrics are strong and clear.

5. why?

why? Fourth Year

High Score:
    I've discovered a decent amount of new music this year. A lot of what I'm listening to now, I didn't even know existed two years ago. Stuff like BADBADNOTGOOD and Hiatus Kaiyote.

This track by Tommy Wright III takes the fucking cake though. Princess Loko is insane. Definitely my song of the year, not just the moment.

Maybe something you'd like, @Zombie? Seen you mention a few rap artists I like.