1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Strong!Sakura Haruno Fanfics? (Strong!Team 7 as well)

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by seare825, Nov 19, 2015.

1. seare825

seare825 Muggle

I really liked the dynamic of Naruto, in terms of Team 7, except for one thing - Sakura was ABSOLUTELY USELESS. Honestly, my current load of fanfic is too stale and boring, and I really need some more variety in my works, so are there any good fanfics that really develop Sakura as a character along with the rest of Team 7 (Sasuke and Naruto)? Are there any fanfics that really delve into Genjutsu in Naruto? That, I would like to see.

2. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

3. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

4. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Loyalty by A True Radical Dreamer
    While still in the Academy, she gets forcefully recruited to be a spy for Kabuto and Orochimaru. Really fascinating story, although the last two chapters have a bit of a filler-ish quality to them. Especially the tension with Kakashi is interesting (I don't mean romantic or sexual).

Effloresco Secundus by romantiscue

Yeah, following the SI reincarnated into the Naruto verse after the debut and success of Dreaming of Sunshine, now we have a story were a character from another fandom is reincarnated into the Naruto world. It's really interesting to see Hermione deal with this situation and how her relationship with her team plays out. Again, Kakashi is the highlight here, since he suspects something is off with Sakura, and to be fair, it is, and I love seeing him like this.

Trial by Ninja by jacobk
    By the same author who did Applied Cultural Anthropology. It's completed and has a sequel, pretty good read.

In Fire Forged by OmgImPwned

Pretty cool concept and worldbuilding. I love Sasuke (who is a girl) and Naruto in this. The whole Team 7 is pretty awesome. The focus is, of course, on Sakura and it is nice to see such a version of her. Has been almost a year since the last update though, so, not sure if it's abandoned or not.

Once and After by Shana the Short
    I actually don't really remember this one. Might be good or not.

Then there are all the SilverShine stories which have Sakura as the main character, albeit in most of them she has a romantic relationship with Kakashi, so, if you don't mind that, you're in for a few fantastic stories. Same author who did "The Girl From Whirlpool" which is still the best story that has Minato and Kushina in them. I am, of course, including the manga.

5. bonnerr2

bonnerr2 Second Year

I enjoyed One Hundred Days:
    https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2663204/1/One-Hundred-Days

It follows Sakura and Naruto when Naruto first begins his training trip. Splits focus between the two until they meet up One Hundred days later, both growing a reasonable amount stronger without hax. Takes a while to get going, but it gets really good towards the climax. I fondly remember a scene where Jiraiya is forced to team momentarily with Orochimaru against Kisame and Itachi. Give it a chance.

6. Ayreon

Ayreon Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I'm still hopeful. The author writes progress reports on his site. The last update was at the beginning of October.
    https://infireforged.wordpress.com/

Expectations of Development by kiraiakuma

Not quite as good as some of the other stories here and sadly abandoned, but I would still recommend trying it out.

You could also try out Time Braid, which focuses mostly on Sakura. Really hit or miss for most people. Some people love it though. (I like most of it, apart from the "romance" (which barely deserves that name.))

7. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I enjoyed Time Braid, but YMMV.

Sakura gets time looped during the chuunin exams, and after a few hundred repetitions, discovers she's not the only one looping. It's complete, but it's not a Team 7 fic, though it does feature one of the most powerful Sakuras I've seen.

8. seare825

seare825 Muggle

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Time Braid so far - finished the whole story and I want more stories like that if possible. These fanfic recs are so amazing - I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend :)
    Styx0444, what are the most powerful Sakuras that you have seen? Interested in that now.

9. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I don't remember any names, so I doubt they were any good. That said, there's one where she's a reincarnation of a dragon, one where she's the reincarnation of Ranma Saotome (from Ranma 1/2, he more-or-less kills a god), one where that Inner Sakura thing turned out to be some kind of Call of Cthulu style Dreaming Old One...

There's also one where her parents died in the Kyuubi attack and she wound up in Root, and another where instead of Root she just ends up hyper competent somehow.

The first few I mentioned were the highest on the power scale, but OldOne!Sakura is the only one I'm fairly sure ended up comparable in strength to Time Braid's version.

Never found anything similar in quality, though. A quick googling found this group, maybe you can find something decent there?