1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Suits (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by AAli, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck yes. That is all.

2. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Finale was tonight... was glorious. I'm on team Louis all the way.

3. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

I couldn't help it I laughed at he irony. I hope the conclusion of Suits has "Person Spector Litt" all walking out in hand cuffs.

4. ScottPress

High Score:
    Just saw season 4 finale.

Louis, you magnificent brilliant bastard.

5. Eilyfe

Eilyfe Supreme Mugwump

First episode of Season 5 premiered yesterday.

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Technically it's season 4 episode 11. The break was the mid-season break they do in the US.

7. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

And I loved it :D

Jessica is still the baddest chick around. Not certain she improvised due to Mike's words or that was her plan all along, it was exactly the thing needed to fix the issue

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It was a good episode. Most importantly, it seemed to finally close down certain plotlines. While the implications for relationships will persist, we've reached a certain natural breaking point.

I hope that the writers will take this opportunity to do a few episodes going back to actual legal battles, preferably set-up and resolved within a single episode. Office politics is good and all, but stuff with Mike's secret, people committing crimes, etc. is best in moderation. The episodic stuff is good too, as it establishes a baseline of "normal". Without that baseline you just have constant drama and that begins to feel normal, thus losing its effect.

9. ScottPress

High Score:
    So. Massive necro, but it's been a whole season. Just watched the finale.

On one hand, I'm glad that the show stopped running away from the issue of Mike not having gone to law school and the consequences finally catching up with him. On the other, the entire fifth season felt like there was too much personal drama. People were crying, yelling, reflecting, having breakdowns. Where's the funny, badass lawyering gone?

Then again, I suppose, it shows how the relationship between Mike and Harvey has changed. By letting Mike take charge of the case, Harvey shows that he considers Mike an equal, not just an underling, like it often happened in earlier seasons. They really are friends now, friends who would go to prison for each other.

In the end, Mike actually going to prison is a much better ending of the season finale than if some unexpected solution came out of nowhere.

Overall, season 5 wasn't as good as 2 or 3, which I consider to be the best, but it wasn't bad. Season 6 is happening. I hope the writers come up with some interesting stuff to deal with Mike not being able to practice law anymore. I don't know if I want to watch Mike in prison. I'm kinda hoping for a timeskip. This would let the writers change things and shake up the stage for the new season.

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I read an interview that for at least the start of the season, there isn't a time skip. That doesn't however rule out a time skip happening later.

I think the first half of next season will involve deals being made to try to get Mike out of prison early while trying to rebuilt their reputation.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  11. ScottPress

High Score:
    Season 6 premiere was... meh. A bit of Mike in prison and lots of talking. The writers took every trick they've used before and threw them all in here: Louis being funny, Louis getting angry, Jessica uses goddamn in a sentence, Harvey doesn't give a shit, Harvey quotes movies, Harvey is sarcastic, Louis is good with money, meaningful conversations featuring amber-colored alcohol/pot, Harvey and Louis fight, Harvey and Louis make up, two people talk about the past, people talk about loyalty, people talk about what they're going to do, but that's where it ends.

Booooooooring. It used to be one of my favorite shows, but at this point I think I'm done with it.

12. atlas_hugged

atlas_hugged Fourth Year

High Score:
    Huh. I gave up on this show after the beginning of season 5. I was a bit bored with the standard scene:

I didn't think they could do anything interesting with it, so I barged into this thread unafraid of spoilers. Mike going to prison is definitely interesting, but it sounds like it's still the same formulaic delivery of lines and plot that's holding it back.

13. ScottPress

High Score:
    What pains me is that Gabriel Macht and Rick Hoffman in particular are wasted here. Some of the show's best moments involve those two. Even in the latest episode, when Harvey and Louis were just fooling around, it was funny. The actors don't have much to work with.

14. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I absolutely hated the last two seasons. It was getting pretty meh, and then right after Mike quit to become an investment banker, it went to shit. There were a few good moments here and there, but the majority of it was just bad. I used to be so excited for summer and winter because of Suits, but I haven't even watched the premiere of this season, and probably won't.

I feel like this happens with all USA shows, the writers come up with an entertaining idea and then quickly shoot themselves in the foot with unnecessary drama that they drag on for far too long, and lose what made the show entertaining in the first place. I think the only exception to this is Psych.

15. wrestlingfan1

wrestlingfan1 First Year

season 6 premier was OK find out who the new bad guy is, don't know if ill still watch it i was always hoping Mike would get away with it. I may give it a few more episodes, i use to love suits.

16. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Mike is an idiot.

Pretty much done with the show at this point.

17. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

So Suits season "?" has ended for the summer. Mike is out of prison after only a couple of days, Jessica left the firm to Harvey and Lewis, and Lewis is getting married.

I realize it's been a while since this thread has been opened. Am I the only one still following this show, or is anyone else still following the series? If you are still following the show what are your thoughts.

Personally I can't help feeling like this is another good ending point, but the show is still going to go on.

18. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

I liked Stu.

19. ScottPress

High Score:
    Everyone's getting shipped. Melodrama's leaking all over the floor. What happened to the witty, sarcastic show about two smartass lawyers quoting movies at each other?

I feel like the show show should have ended after the third season. S4 was pretty good, had the best opening of all seasons and the scene where Louis tells Donna how he figured out Mike's secret was one of the best in the show, but the season had a hanging ending that demanded continuation.

S5 and 6 have been disappointments with the shift toward more melodrama, shallow dialogue and feelings sucking out all the fun. And to add insult to injury, not enough Katrina since season 4. Meh.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  20. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I've always thought they should've kept Mike doing the investment banker thing. It would have been more interesting to see Mike and Harvey have to butt heads working opposite sides. At some point they could've had Harvey doing something wrong that gets the DA looking into his cases and bringing Mike under scrutiny.