Summer 2018 Anime Season

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Nemrut, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    Same procedure as every season. Click here for the MAL chart.

As for me, well as always there isn't much that I am looking forward to from the initial summaries but as the series unfold I am sure there will be something there.

Season 3 of Overlord is one I will be checking out though. Seasons 1 and 2 I watched earlier this year and while it's not exactly high quality stuff, it was fun so, looking forward to this.

Hanebado! is the anime I am really looking forward to. It's a sports anime about girls playing badminton. The animation is gorgeous, I quite like the sport (mostly because I played it for years) and having watched the first episode, it really takes itself super seriously with plenty of drama. Sure, one of the two main characters has a bit of a ridiculous chest but she is the only one and it doesn't seem to be a fansrvice-y kinda thing otherwise. So yeah, if it retains its quality and mood, I am looking forward to it.

official summary:
    What I really like is that the anime starts with the third year student having just lost a tournament and that loss having an intense psychological impact on her and having to deal with that sort of thing. So might end up disappointing me but it had a strong start.

High Score Girl
    is the third anime that has caught my eye.

Summary:
    This seems cute and fun and that's really all there is to it.

My Hero Aca season 3 is something I will continue watching also. It did get a bit better although I am a few eps behind again.

2. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

Stuff that catches my eye -

"This is a shivering pure love psycho horror story of a girl named Satou Matsuzaka, who has someone she likes. She experiences a sweet feeling when she sleeps with her, and thought it must be love. Everything will be forgiven as long as she protects this feeling, even if she tricks, commits crimes, steals, or even kills, she thought."

This is going to be either good or stupid, stupid awful. Probably awful.

"Muhyo to Rouji no Mahouritsu Soudan Jimusho
    Are you a victim of unwanted spirit possession? Is there a ghost you need sent up and away...or down to burn for all eternity? If the answer is yes, then you need Muhyo and Roji, experts in magic law. Serving justice to evil spirits is their specialty."

Potential. The comedy tag makes me think it might not be great, though. I'm just not a fan of comedy anime.

Video game one above seems interesting.

---

Ultimately I'll just be watching the decent ones that show up on Crunchy, though. Can't spare the effort to do anything more difficult at this point. :D

3. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Auror

Well this seasons seems to not be looking good, I guess I'll give Planet With a try if only because it's mecha and maybe Zoids Wilds because I have Zoids nostalgia although giving they're riding them like mounts and not in a cockpit is kind of weird.

4. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro Professor

This is my 1st post in these seasonal anime threads & here is what I'm going to watch:

• My Hero Season 3 has been great & I will continue to watch.
    • Attack on Titan Season 3
    • Grand Blue - Among the seaside town of Izu's ocean waves and rays of shining sun, Iori Kitahara is just beginning his freshman year at Izu University. As he moves into his uncle's scuba diving shop, Grand Blue, he eagerly anticipates his dream college life, filled with beautiful girls and good friends.
    • Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes - There is an antique shop in Kyoto's Teramachi Sanjou shopping district. High school girl Mashiro Aoi unexpectedly runs into Yagashira Kiyotaka, the son of the shop's owner, and ends up working part-time at the shop. Kiyotaka is called the "Holmes at Teramachi Sanjou," and he and Aoi solve odd cases brought to them by various clients. * Based on mystery novels written by Mochizuki Mai.

5. tikkier2000

tikkier2000 First Year

High Score:
    I'm especially looking forward to:

• FLCL because that was an amazing show back in 2000/2001 and I'm excited
    • BNHA season 3 because I'm a shonen slut and YUTS already spoiled it
    • at least one episode of Phantom in the Twilight because my friend and I both thought it looked like garbage and I enjoy laughing at garbage
    • Tonegawa because Kaiji is fucking amazing and that warrants giving the spin-off at least a small chance

Otherwise, eh. The rest of the season isn't probably anything I'll watch.

6. Miner

Miner High Inquisitor

There is literally nothing in this season that I am super stoked about watching. The video game one Nemrut mentioned seems mildly intereseting, but after taking a look at the list I was disappointed. Winter and spring were too kind to me.

7. BTT

BTT Death Eater

Watch Grand Blue you wankers.

8. fire

fire High Inquisitor

Island is a top tier VN, so Feel is an excellent studio, so the anime should be pretty good, poor initial ratings notwithstanding.

I don't see what's so great about Grand Blue though. The manga does have absurd ratings on MAL, but the summary and general tenor of the work makes me doubt.

9. Clerith

Clerith Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

The summary of Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu makes me want to vomit.

Island was pretty well rated, could be good. Definitely watching Overlord.

A ton of new names for me, might wait to see if any get super highly rated.

10. Rehio

Rehio Alchemist DLP Supporter

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

You Normies™ just can't appreciate such a classic tale in the making.