1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Bloodshed After The War by fhrulz21 - M

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Raijin, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Title: The Bloodshed After The War reviews
    Author: fhrulz21
    Rating: M
    Pairing: This author is a fan of HG and Slash(Harry/Snape kind). HG is pretty improbable and the story hasnt really had any focus on romance.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2887828/1/
    The war is over and Harry has won. But now the Wizarding World is trying to get rid of all supposed Dark influences, which includes vampires. Unfortunately, Harry is one.

2. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

Since so many authors take Vamp!Harry ideas and think "Right, if Harry is a Vampire, then I need to find him a bloke" I am going to stear away from this for now. I like Vamp!harry stories but I can never figure out why people put slash in them, or any story for that matter.

3. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I like this story, mainly because the Harry/Snape slash hasent started yet :) I like how the entire wizarding world is uniting against vampires and for once so doesent Ron or Hermione know about Harry being a vampire...

4. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

Its not actually slash yet and i'm guessing at least another ten chapters before even a mention of romance.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

This is suprisingly good story, but I don't like where it's headed this last few chapters. It seems this is turning into an angst-fest, where everyone will be taking care of a depressed and angsty Harry. I kinda was hoping this to be an exciteing political thriller, with Harry struggling to remain one step ahead of his adversories, but alas, it was not meant to be.

6. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

Harry was apparently born a vampire, and Hedwig has been hunting for him since he didn't really want to eat Vernon's food anyway.

Ron, not realizing that 'the chosen one potter' was a vampire has been accepted as a hunter, and hermoine is a brainless fangirl.

1/5

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

If you can get past the silliness of the premise (Harry was born a vampire due to years of interbreeding in the Potter line, but kept it secret from everyone), this is not a bad story.

It's well-written, and Harry's desperate attempt to keep his secret is handled well. So too are his friendships with Remus and Dumbledore.

The weaknesses include the artificial way that everyone in Britain all of a sudden has a hard-on to kill vampires, and the characterization of Harry's friends. Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and the rest of the Order are just stupidly bigoted, ignoring their history with Harry and the fact that he killed Voldemort.

A war between vampires and wizards was brewing when the story was abandoned in 2007.

3/5 - very average

8. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    While vampires are my single least favorite topic in fiction, I tried to read it with an open mind, but I kept tripping over the fail and gave up after chapter 3. In some ways, it reminded me of Crys's Chattel fic in that everything was carefully contrived so as to screw over Harry and bump up his angst. This might have worked had the characters been believable. As DLM mentioned, nobody is--not Ron, not Hermione, not Harry, not even the dancing frog with tux-and-tails and top hat.

I can't for the life of me see why Harry didn't just walk away from Hogwarts and the Magical World at the first announcement of the war (or one of the several indignities afterward). He should have gone to Fiji, gotten a few thousand Magnum Trojans, and done the whole "young, dumb, and full of cum" thing. Instead, he permits himself to be terrorized by a Creevy brandishing a sunlight charm. Meh. 2/5.