1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Bourne Series

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by SlytherinDamian, Feb 17, 2006.

1. SlytherinDamian

SlytherinDamian Raptured to Hell

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Liked the first one - cool political thriller with great minimalistic & realistic action scenes.

The second seemed like standard action movie. And it was awfuly shot - they went overboard with shaky camera and quick scene changes. Hell, half of the time I couldn't tell what the fuck was going on.

3. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Identity - Intriguing and entertaining.

Supremacy - Entertaining, but no re-view value at all.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Meh, I liked them both. My brother told me a third one is being made... is that true? *shrugs*

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Identity = great, but I fucking loathe Matt Damon. This movie made me like him in it.

Supremacy = Headache. Needless shaky camera, confusing, pain in the ass to watch.

6. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I am so watching it if they make a third one.

7. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Neadache? Is that what you get when Ned Flanders won't didily dadidddo f-ing shutup? ;P

--bornagainpenguin

8. Midknight

No thats what you get when you have to use a cellphone to post from in the car on the way home, and you hit the wrong button =P

9. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    You shouldn't drive while using the cellphone, Mid. It kills people.

10. Midknight

If I was driving that statement would be valid. :twisted:

11. se7en

se7en Professor

i like the book better... I mean, the movie takes down the whole plot but keeps the characters, the name and the memory loss. Everything else is missing and filled in with other stuff

12. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Damn straight. The books were amazing...so much suspense, thrills, action, politics and just straight-up-kick ass, hey were awesome.

I'm sure they'll make the Bourne Ultimatum movie...but read the books. Alex Conklin doesn't die in them, and Marie doesn't die either.

I wonder why the hell Ludlum allowed them to butcher the story like that at all...completely ruins it.

I highly reccommend the books, they are utterly excellent. Most Ludlum books are better than any Tom Clancy novel, including Rainbow 6 and Clear and Present Danger.

se7en: check out Eric Van Lustbader's follow-up to the Bourne series...it was excelelnt. Approved by ludlum and all. I can't remember the name now, but it was awesome...an unbelievable twist in teh story, and some awesome action parts.

13. Element

Element Seventh Year

Sounds really interesting to me Yarrgh. Would I need to buy all three Bourne books in order to enjoy Lustbader's follow-up? Actually, perhaps I should anyway, but I'd like to know. Thanks.

Edit: Forget that, apparently its definitely needed. Not sure if I have the patience to commit to a series right now, and reviews of Legacy have been good, if a little mixed. I guess more thought on this is needed, but my 'need to read' list is really far too big.

Last edited: May 24, 2006
  14. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Yeah...the movies will let you know nothing, unfortunately.

EDIT:

Lustbader's follow-up is called the Bourne Legacy. Excellent book. Apparently, he's writing another one...a follow-up to the follow-up, if you will. It's called The Bourne Trajectory, coming out in 2007/ Can't wait.

15. Element

Element Seventh Year

What, are they turning this into a regular series or something?
    Sounds like its going to turn into Bond, although the Bourne movies are much cooler than the recent abysmal Bonds.
    I guess I'll have to look into getting the books >< Gotta make my way through Frankenstein first for an assignment. /me sighs.

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Aren't they gonna turn the story of the last 3 Star Wars (7-9) into a regular T.V. series?

I suppose they can't do movies...at the amount of time Lucas takes to make his films, it's likely that he would be dead before he finished.

Also, as a side note, whats the story behind Slytherin Damian's banstick recieval?

17. Element

Element Seventh Year

I didn't even realize that plans were in the making for 7-9, I thought it was just 1-6. Shows how much I know.
    Although, last I heard, they were beginning to make the newer SW films into 3d. Y'know, like IMAX stuff. Would be pretty amusing, if probably horribly expensive and chances are they'll screw it up.
    And, I'd also like to know the story behind Damian's ban. Didn't even realize he/she had gone.

18. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Dunno...apparently, 'Legacy' and 'Trajectory' were co-written by Ludlum and Lustbader.

Since only the first movie had ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the story from the books, i can't realy care much. If they make a movie about these two, and any future efforts in the Bourne series, it will probably deviate from canon immediately, and end up being an interesting action-clusterfuck that really shouldn't bear the title of the book. I will say, however, that as a stand alone, ignoring the Bourne books, the movie was cool.

Bah...i'm bitter about how they fucked it up. I loved the books, so watching the rape of the movie script was particularly painful, since i knew what potential the movie could have had, if it stuck to canon.

*Drools as he imagines Jason Bourne perpetrating his ass-kickery all over Paris in the first book*

Matt Damon does Bourne's character well...Marie, on the other hand, looked like a whore. She is't the modest beauty that the books make her out to be. Sort of like Hermione, really, but not bossy.

19. Cupspeaker

Cupspeaker Looked into the void

If you don\'t mind reading books on a computer than you can download them off a p2p software like kazaa or limewire. Then you can save money :)

20. Sirhin

Sirhin First Year

I agree with that. I enjoyed Identity more than Supremacy.

Sirhin