1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Dovahkiin Chronicles

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Seratin, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We have a lot of good writers on DLP. We have a lot of people who love Skyrim on DLP. I've recently been knocking around ideas for writing an Elder Scrolls fic and I'm sure the thought has crossed the minds of others.

So what I'm proposing is we form a group to encourage and support the writing of Elder Scrolls stories. Maybe you want to write a log of your character's adventure? Jon has a good thread for that purpose here.

This group will be for fully fledge fics and one-shots based on your own character or a complete OC in the vast world of Nirn.

Anyone up for it?

2. Lamora

Lamora Definitely Not Batman ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm game. Been meaning to get out my Skyrim odd ideas out anyway.

3. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

DLP quality Elder Scrolls fan fiction? Sounds like a dream come true.

4. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

I'm all for it. I'm looking forward to what gets posted.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Well I have been thinking about all the back story, of which that we only get a taste.
    What did happen all those months or even weeks ago...

6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I've got so many ideas for Skyrim stories. I've been meaning to write something in TES' universe for a while.

I don't expect it to be anything good, but the Lore won't let me not write it.

7. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I've got good ideas for an HP/Skyrim idea, probably starting as a oneshot, as well.

All I have to say is that Soul Gems piss all over Horcruxes.

8. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I forced Klael to write me a HP/Skyrim one-shot. Had to involve Harry shouting the Dragon to death and he did a fairly decent job in the 15mins it took him :p

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

There a reason you haven't shared this good fortune with others?

10. Audeamus

Audeamus Sixth Year

What I'd really wish to see is a story that focuses mostly on the civil war but told in "A Song of Ice and Fire" style. Multiple PoV's, bit of behind-the-scenes scheming and, of course, a healthy dose of misfortune for everyone involved.

11. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'd be up for some one shots based around any and all characters I roll for the game. Probably not full stories though. I've got too many stories on the go as it is!

12. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

I think one good idea for some Skyrim one shots would be a series of them looking at the Dovahkiin from the view point of some of the npcs he/she may come across. Maybe even do people from different cities, factions, and sides of the civil war to get some good juxtaposition on his/her character.

13. Rin

The Dovahkiin? Yeah, I know him. He came in my shop one day. And then he put a bucket on my head. I don't know why I had this strange compulsion to just continue idly chatting with him with a bucket on my head, but it just seemed right, and I didn't want to ruin the moment. After a few minutes, he took the bucket off my head and left.

Then I looked around and found that my shop and my house had been gutted. Anything not nailed down was gone. I just don't understand how that happened.

Oh well, whatever.

14. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Another good story idea: The backstory behind the knee-capping of every guard ever.

15. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

Yep that is exactly what I did too. Except I went ahead and stole everything on his person as well.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  16. Rin

The Dovahkiin and Lydia are walking through Solitude. Lydia is being the helpful bodyguard and companion she swore to be as usual, and the Dovahkiin gives her a smile in appreciation. They'd had so many adventures together.

As they pass the garrison, they notice what appears to be the scene of yet another execution. It's strange, though, because there are four men tied to a post and a corresponding four archers aiming at them. The captain of the guard raises his sword.

"On the count of three, loose your arrows!" barks the captain. His shining armor gleams in the sunlight. The men tied to the posts appear to be scrunching up their faces in anticipation of their inevitable demise.

"One . . ."

The archers pull back fully and do something truly bizarre.

"Two . . ."

They aim down.

"Three!" The captain swings down his sword and the arrows are loosed simultaneously into the kneecaps of each of the men. Three of them yelp out in agony, and one grits his teeth and groans loudly. They slide down the posts and other guards untie them.

"What in Talos's name was that, Lydia?" the Dovahkiin asks, astonished and bewildered.

"Just watch, my thane," she answers.

The captain walks up to each man with an arrow jutting from his knee and shakes their hands one by one. "Welcome to the city watch, recruits. Your initiation into this honorable order is complete. The guards around them raise their swords and give great shouts of "Huzzah!" and welcome their new comrades.

A guard on duty walks past the Dovahkiin and stops. He turns to the Dovahkiin and says, with a previously undetected hint of nostalgic fondness in his voice, "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow to the Knee."

17. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

Now that is just fantastic!

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Oh, that's a rather easy one. It was a Thalmor conspiracy to weaken the forces of both the Empire and Skyrim in preparation for their eventual invasion, using specifically poisoned arrows targeted at their knees in order to hobble them. Less adventures, less likely their various conspiracies and plans are foiled. Plus it keeps Skyrim relatively lawless what with all the bandits, Falmer, dragons, etc...

This conspiracy gets discovered by a bunch of Whiterun city guards when they save a prospective adventurer from a Thalmor sniper. While the sniper attempted to flee, he ran into the Thane of Whiterun and got clotheslined into the ground, allowing for his arrest. Interrogation by city-guards only created more questions, and they set off on a desperate and dangerous adventure to discover the conspiracy and have enough information to provide to the Moot and the Dragonborn.

Come Skyrim's expansion, there will be an army of pissed off city-guards marching against Thalmor outposts. :sherlock:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  19. Ryuugi Shi

Ryuugi Shi Hierarch

I have an idea for a Dresden Files/Skyrim story, but I'm saving it for when I'm less busy with stories.

20. Deadsomeone

Deadsomeone Third Year

A crossover between those two universes seems improbable, but interesting. Just how would you pull that off?

---------- Post automerged at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

Can one really march with an arrow induced limp:?