1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

The Earth-2 Episode was definitely the best episode of this season. You can definitely tell that the writers have been dying to get to this one, and it shows in the episode.
    All the cameos, the appearance of Reverb/Killer Frost/Deathstorm, and Zoom being a creepy badass made this episode worthwhile.

Also, Barry's phone call with his Earth-2!Mother made me tear up man-tears. Gah, the feels.

2. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    Man, I think I'm the only person who kind of hated half of this episode. I was really looking forward to Earth-2, until they actually got there.

Then suddenly Barry and Cisco (two ostensibly intelligent scientists) became complete morons with zero common sense. They absolutely knew they were going to see doppelgangers of people they knew, yet acted like idiots whenever it happened. I'm sure the show was aiming for humor in these moments, but it was handled so poorly in the context of an undercover mission that it was an absolute groaning chore for me to watch.

Barry is not this stupid. Why the hell does he think he can step into his Earth-2 counterpart's shoes in any way? He knows nothing about this world and its society. Nothing about that person's life, and how he's perceived by others. I was aghast at how dumb this was.

Detective Iris must have no police/reporter instincts, because her "husband" was throwing up so many glaring red flags that I cannot believe she actually fights metahumans for a living.

I did like the people from Earth-2, and the setting was gorgeous. I'm hoping this was just a single bump in the road. :/

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Barry's IQ and power level always fluctuates depending on the need of the current plot. However, I expected better of Cisco.

4. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Jay Garrick isnt Jay Garrick

5. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The latest episode, while it carried all the hallmarks of any Flash episode in that power and intelligence levels fluctuate as per plot requirements, was actually quite interesting. The tapping (while it would likely have been easier to just write out whatever he was trying to say, no?) spelling out 'Jay' implied to me that the caged man was Jay, especially with how he reacted when Barry said Jay was on his Earth, but Jay being on Earth 1 and Zoom on Earth 2 while the breach was unstable makes it very unlikely that Jay is Zoom, which is what I was expecting. It's definitely going to be interesting to see where they take this now.

6. MerakiKosmos

MerakiKosmos Squib

High Score:
    I'm also thinking this, but who the fuck is he then?

I'm trying to remember if he and Zoom have ever been on screen at the same time?

7. funkytoad

funkytoad Fifth Year

I'm thinking speed force clones. The guy in the mask is the OG Jay Garrick and his speed got split into good guy speed clone and bad guy speed clone.

8. Moridin

Not on screen exactly, but the ending of the latest episode when the portal was unstable.

9. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

You can do so many tricky things with light and images when you're a speedster of zooms calliber.

10. Moridin

Speed is still dependent on actually being able to get to the other place, which wasn't possible when the breach was unstable.

11. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If I had to take a stab at it Id say he's Hunter Zolomon and the one we saw in the park was a fake. Looking back at it, it seems shifty as hell how he just suddenly produced that guy out of thin air like that and yet wouldn't let Caitlin anywhere near him. We already know realistic holograms are perfectly plausible in the show and the only thing he did was sit on a bench without interacting with literally anything. Zoom probably grabbed the real Jay Garrick from Earth one when the breaches opened and had Zolomon replace him pretending to be Garrick.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

That... actually makes sense to me. One of the biggest issues I had with the episode where they show Jay's double is that when Caitlin asked him about Jay-1.

"Caitlin, there is a good explanation why my doppelganger doesn't exist on this Earth. Meet me at the park tomorrow and I'll show you."

"Why can't you just tell me?"

"Because you need to see for yourself."

Innocuous at that point, but the entire scene at the end with the double at the park was worthless. All they did was look at some dude on a bench. Jay could have easily told her how his cells were mutated with the speed force when she asked -- but then she might have been tempted to look for herself. By showing her that he knows all about the double, there's, I dunno, tangible proof that what he's saying is real. I actually questioned this scene at the end of that episode because I found it a complete time waster. Caitlin did NOT need to "see it to believe it" at all.

13. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

My theory is perhaps a little more boring and plain. The Jay that gets ripped back through the portal doesn't die, but instead goes back in time due to the portal closing on him and he ends up getting himself thrown into Zoom's cell by the time Barry gets to World 2.

I have trouble believing that the Jay in the cell didn't know that Barry knew him, because otherwise why would spelling his own name be his number one concern? So I have a feeling the Jay in the cell is the same Jay that appears to be dead.

The scene in the park was a little weird, I'll give you that. I remember thinking the same thing. However, as far as we know Jay has had zero alternative motives while in this world, so it seems strange that he would be just pretending to be Jay when it hasn't accomplished anything.

14. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

You're Jay, I'm Jay, everyones Jay.

15. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Did someone say Earth 2 episode?

I just stopped by to humbly say I called it. ;) They were just waiting for a good reason to have him show off his singing.

This is all very simple, really: Jay is actually Jamie Madrox. BOOM, Marvel/DC crossover.

16. TheProphet1.1

TheProphet1.1 Squib

The Flash is a surprisingly good and campy show. I retains enough of the comic book feel to it make it interesting and well worthy of binge watching.

17. MrGhostface333

MrGhostface333 Squib

High Score:
    Last episode was really good with Barry going back in time to when Wells was still Thawne. Was a reminder of how good S1 was. Show is going on another little hiatus however but after that it's the last few episodes. Next episode apparently the team finds out Zoom's origins. Can't wait!

18. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Frustrating, why are there these extra hiatuses?

Just caught up on the couple of episodes since the last one and overall good. The most recent was my favourite. It must be enjoyable for Wells' actor to get to keep switching it up all over the place.

19. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    So, catching up on the Flash episodes, decent enough so far. Still the same faults and strengths as always.

Quick question to the DC scholars here, what significance does Opal City have? Was Well's daughter boarding the bus going there a clue on her eventual superhero persona?

20. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wouldn't call myself a scholar by any means but it's another city home to a few superheroes. It's been mentioned in Arrow and Super girl so it's a nice continuity nod to the shared universe. Also leaves potential for Starman/Stargirl I suppose.