1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What Happened to Case13

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Riley, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Ok, so I've attempted to Google Reload by Case13 to see what actually happened. I'm curious as to why they abandoned all their stories and all I can find is that they abandoned the manga as well but I'm wondering if there's more to the story. I couldn't find a thread here if there was one and I used the search function and everything. If anyone knows what happened I'd be grateful.

2. ketz3r

ketz3r Second Year

If you're talking about TFF, I'm pretty sure someone started to actively erase user accounts. At least that's what happened to me. Haven't been able to login since january and I can't find myself on the userlist.

3. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about or what you mean by 'they'. Case 13 aka Fosfor is just one guy. His last update was on a fic on TFF called Nine Lives on 1/27/2012 and none of his fics are abandoned until he says otherwise (as he says) I've seen him online on semi-regularly on TFF though he only posts sporadically, if at all.

He mentioned during that time period that he thought the manga is full of bullshit and he doesn't really give a shit anymore though it didn't stop him from writing. It's more in the context of doing what he likes in his stories. He's just busy afaik.

By the way, TFF aka The Fanfiction Forum has been moved here, along with all the content and members, to a new site so people can register again now.

4. ketz3r

ketz3r Second Year

Good to know, thanks.

5. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Ah, see I didn't know he was on TFF, the only records I could find were reviews for Operator here and a review on TvTropes for Reload. I couldn't find anything else from him. I know what Fosfor said but the fact that he hasn't updated since 2009 I couldn't think of a better word for it.

As for the 'they' I had no clue on gender and didn't want to assume.

6. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Hm, well I don't think I've ever heard the claim that Fosfor's a girl so assuming he's a boy is a safe bet.

Guessing when he might updates is futile, really. Despite his claims, I'd just assume that he's lost interest and his fics are more-or-less abandoned.

7. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Fosfor is on another forum called Fanfiction Federation as well, and has recently been posting bits of a new story their too:

Ozzallos is also active on that forum, and is currently giving HP the '-chan' treatment.

8. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I wondered what you meant by that; then I remembered the kinds of stories Ozzallos writes.

9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

I PM'd Case13 about six months ago, expressing my wistful displeasure for his stories being all abandoned.

He claimed they were not abandoned. He didn't reply when I sort of... rolled my eyes at him electronically.

As far as I'm concerned, they're dead. A loss, but it's better just to forget them. If he does come back, he has so much unfinished shit, you'll see a chapter or two before he just vanishes again. It is hard to go back to a work after a long time, to be honest, and there's so much left to be said, it would take him years to make good on his assurances. And the Naruto manga will only continue to get more full of bullshit toward its eventual and long over-do conclusion; if Case13's lost his interest only now, it's not gonna come back.

If you analyze Naruto, it's just as poorly written as any other Shounen mango. Naruto wins fights from asspulls, side characters have little meaningful motivation and are carelessly discarded. The most shinobi-style story we got ended after Haku died; Naruto is a story more about battle mages than it is ninja and their eccentric socities. Losing interest in Naruto because Kishimoto can't write is just an excuse. The only reason to write Naruto fanfiction is to utilize the interesting world elements and stock characters, which are still mostly in-tact (the only one Kishimoto has really raped is Sasuke).

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  10. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Fosfor or Case 13 is NOTORIOUS, for turning out some very good stories only to let them sit there for months if not years. I wouldnt hold my breath.