1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Ginny Weasley so hated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Lady Pryor, Nov 25, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerrus

Kerrus DA Member

Conversely, I also tend to get annoyed when people toss Hedwig out the window for "not being cool/good" enough. Either through the always common "Dursley mutilates hedwig" or the also common "Deatheaters/Dumbledor kill Hedwig"

It's hard to find stories that take Harry in a new direction and keep his constant companion rather then just going "olol, it's just a bird, he doesn't give a fuck"

2. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Still unacceptable. I'd rather make a horde of Inferi: I can control how many Inferi are created. Weasleys breed, and breed, and breed....

Surely you know how the movie Dawn of the Dead ended - it wasn't happy.

3. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Dark Harry perfecting Sectumsempra?

Or, alternately, Healer!Hermione testing new spells and potions on them. Though PETA might throw a fit over that one.

4. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

And that right there is what caused the slash tumor to metastasize. He should have been noticing girls by his last year of muggle school, not waiting until he was thirteen like some monk.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Eh, I wouldn't know about that. I only started noticing and liking girls when I was about 15.

Still, before then I knew I liked boobies.:mrgreen:

6. Narion

Narion Slug Club Member

Actually, that'd be a good basis for Asexual!Harry. And Asexual!Harry is a rather good basis for DarkLord!Harry. It's also a good basis for Dumbledore-Version-Two!Harry.

One might ask how Asexual!Harry could be attracted to Cho. The answer, of course, is that he wasn't, but thought that he was supposed to be attracted to girls, and either subconsciously or consciously decided that since many boys were attracted to Cho, he should be too. It's similar to what some homosexuals do when they choose - again, whether consciously or subconsciously - to deny their nature.

Just a thought.

Narion

7. James Lukia

James Lukia Muggle

On Ginny- As a friend, she's a great character. We saw this throughout her (few) scenes in GoF, as well as OotP. Even when she was embarrassed, or still had a crush on Harry, she was willing to defend a friend, and help them cope when she could (Going to the ball with Neville wasn't just good for her, it was good for him, too. He seemed so happy. Luna seemed glad to have Ginny as a friend, and for good reason. With regards to the possession thing; I kind of put blame on both of them for the awkwardness of that scene. Yes, he was a bit of an inconsiderate douche with regards to her experience, at the same time she shouldn't have been so cold to him over a simple mistake. Granted, I've been there, but still)

One fic I found, and like, for instance (though not the pairing, as Mclaggen is....let's just say he isn't someone with the best qualities in terms of being a team player, in my opinion) is one where, prior to the story, Ginny and Harry took the time to really look at each other and found they had little in common. They were still good friends, but they were not meant to be, and at that point were more roommates than husband and wife (they couldn't get divorced due to the possible media backlash and the fact that they had three kids to take care of)

As for whether or not he might have been gay until 5th year? Perhaps he was bi. 11 is around the age where you discover yourself, and slightly later is when you begin to experiment. Who knows. I will admit I'm a slash fan, but a realistic one. I can't imagine him with Viktor Krum or Draco Malfoy (one due to age and cultural difference, the other to due to his sheer racism and stupidity) but I can imagine him with Cedric, if only for a short, passing thing, before he was ultimately killed off due to the events in the graveyard.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  8. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Jesus-fucking-Christ, you bumped a topic that's five fucking years old?

The Hell is wrong with you?

9. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

"I will admit I'm a slash fan, but a realistic one"

I have a feeling you'll be popular here, James.

10. James Lukia

James Lukia Muggle

I wanted to add my thoughts to the discussion, and thought this was better than creating an entirely new thread.

Note: Edited to fix a spelling mistake.

11. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Dude, the discussion has been dead for five years.

It's over, done; deceased; pushing up daisies; kicked the bucket; voided its bowels; been ejected from the mortal coil; vanished up mknote's ass.

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Well, at least he wrote a decent-sized post instead of bumping the thread to contribute one line?

But in the future... if you're going to bump a thread this old, it's better to revive the conversation rather than just add to it. Basically all you've said here is: (1) Ginny is a good friend, (2) reference to a fic you read but no link, and (3) some random-ass comment about Harry being bi- and your personal like of slash fiction.

*shrug* Not to mention that the Ginny-hate that existed here 5 years ago has died off a bit. Given the ages of many DLP members those 5 years equate to a significant difference in maturity levels.

TL;DR -- Lurk more. Post in recent threads. Only necro-post if you have a very good reason (this was not, at least not in my opinion).

Welcome to DLP!

13. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Is there truly realistic HP slash fiction? I'd like to see a thread on that. If such stories exist on fanfiction.net they are rarer than good harem stories.

14. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

I have a massive migraine, a flight in 4 hours and got woken up by the email alert when this thread was reported.

I want to kill every single fucking one of you. :|

Not open for further replies.