1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Yellow Fever! or Harry/Cho

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Heather_Sinclair, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Blame Jojo... and Vash...

As with the Harry/Fleur ship, Harry/Cho is serious lacking in an abundance of quality fic. Granted she was a freaking, fickle crybaby in the books, but that doesn't mean she can't be worthy of an excellent story plot.

Find those "good<" H/Cho stories and post the links, and lets get some ideas going to promote some of these Bunny-less author's out there to write some quality stuff.

I'm putting my money where my mouth is ... well not money actually, but I writing a H/C story now, so you do too!

2. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

Haven't seen many good Yellow Fever stories out there, but I'm willing to read them if anyone is willing to post. I got to say Heather, your H/C story has the potential to be amazing. Can't wait for you to add more chapters.

3. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder First Year

Thanks to Katie Leung, I can't read H/Cho anymore. Kinda like what would happen if Luna got the abomination that is Ginny's actor instead of Evanna Lynch.

4. Cy Block

Cy Block Second Year

Cannonfodder, them’s fighting words.
    [​IMG]
    One of those things is not like the other.

Anyway, welcome to DLP, I guess.

5. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Srsly. Katie Leung= Fairly hot, not breathtaking, but definitively fuckable. Bonnie Wright = ...Hahahahahahahahaha. Fuckin' gross.

There is no comparison.

6. Heather_Sinclair

I agree. I neved like the casting call for Katie. She just never seemed to be "Cho" in my eyes. I always pictured someone somewhat glamerous. Granted, she is cute... but cute doesn't cut it, IMO. Perhaps, we need to recast the part. Any ideas?

7. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I agree with you both. I too, always imagined cho as glamurous and beautiful. in fact, if I remember correctly, in the books it is stated that she's one of the most beautiful witches in Hogwarts.

For reference, I'd look at Gong Li or Zhou Xun.

8. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Zhou Xun is pretty hot, Gong Li is... meh-ish. Compared to how badly they fucked up with Ginny, Hermione, and (Somewhat) Fleur, I thought they did pretty well with Cho.

9. The Mysterious Nobody

I don't think they fucked up that big with Fleur, being as it is, almost impossible to find a girl fitting the description the books give of her. True, Poésy may not be the epitome of hot, but she is pretty hot and has a certain "air" of glamour that make her fit with the role.

Leung, on the other hand, looks rather plain and common, and her interpretation is too meek and "cute".

10. Veri

Veri Denarii Host

Poésy is indeed pretty hot, but she isn't at all what I thought of when I read about her in the books. Leung actually fit fairly well with what I had envisioned her to be, although she is more cute than hot. However, I think it works fairly well for her character, as I always imagined her to be somewhat meek, at least until the Madam Puddifoot's scene where she went all psycho-bitch.

11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

MM.. I didnt really like any of the casting but Granger. Makes the bitch really come out. >_>

/Vash is as Anti-Hermione as Anti-Ginny sometimes. >_>

As for Cho? I unno... Maybe Yuzuki Aikawa? Or Yoko Mikami?

But if Cho and Su looked anything like this?

[​IMG]

8O Yellow Fever Hellllloooo. :D

12. Cy Block

Cy Block Second Year

Hogwarts is a British school. I’m pretty sure that there isn’t a single one of those where Katie Leung wouldn’t be among the prettiest students. One thing I always liked about the films, was that the range of attractiveness of the actors was very broad.

I can understand if Katie Leung doesn’t conform with specific ideas about the perfect Asian Hawtie, but she’s exactly the kind of girl you’d develop a major crush on in school. Unlike some of the other actors she’s growing hotter as time goes on. Whereas poor Daniel Radcliffe seems to be stuck at 5'.

13. The Mysterious Nobody

Nah, Vash. Those are japs, not chinks.

Nice hoes, though.

"Harry, me love you loooonng time"

14. Heather_Sinclair

Zhou is very nice looking. Gong looks a little too old for the part.

Now you have to imagine them Hogwarts uniforms which takes the luster off. Maybe that's why I never liked Katie... does she have any hawt pics? Now my idea of Cho is someone that would look good in PVC or Leather...

>.> <.<

I'm only a little pervy. Not a lot.

@Vash: they are indeed hot, but Japanese. You've got the right idea. Sexy!

@Cy - and there is the problem. she's cute. I agree that she is quite crushable, cute, pretty, etc, but not "beautiful" in my eyes.

15. Cannonfodder

Cannonfodder First Year

Having grown up in a predominately asian setting, I can remember at least half of my high school being hotter than that. If anything I felt she was plain for the role she was given. She simply wasn't hot enough, if I had been Harry I wouldn't have wasted a year on that. Granted, I also wouldn't have married an ugly whore and named my kids after my parents and two of my professors.

Oh yeah thanks for welcoming me.

16. FollowTheReaper

FollowTheReaper Professor

Same here, and, well, I bet most of Europe and Asia, and maybe even North-America...

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

18. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

19. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Personally I like Cho as they cast her... Though I never really expected the accent, it works once you get used to her.

I never expected cho to be to stylised so I mean her being glamourous never really popped into my head.

Though I think her wearign that grey sweater all the time pulled away some of that appeal.

She's girl next door pretty.

20. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    This is what Cho should have looked like.[​IMG]

And anyone notice how Wright's head looks like a pumpkin?[​IMG]